Friday, December 9, 2011

A day in the life.

So, last week, I had to give a presentation about costs and prices to a group of farmers near my town. I walked to the main road and waved down a milk truck to hitch a free ride. There were about 10 Peruvians on the back of the truck but I managed to squeeze in. While I’m standing in the back it starts raining and I have to start ducking because of the tree branches. I also take advantage to cover my handouts I had prepared. An hour later, I arrived to my meeting right on time. They took me to a really old adobe house and walked me to where I’d be giving my presentation. There were exactly four really old beds in the room. What can you do? At least there was electricity! I connected my projector, told everyone to take a seat…on the beds…and that’s the day in the life!

3 comments:

  1. such a hard little worker. nothing can stand in your way :) so proud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ana, what an experience. It makes me think twice before complaining about the way I get to work. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a life I'm so jealous! I sit here and complain about all the things I have but I'm hardly thankful for the things I have! You are doing such a positive thing keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete